Monday, January 25, 2010

What The Future Holds

With just over 6 months left in Peru, I'm being asked more and more frequently, "What's next?"  In all honestly, I really don't know.  I'm open to moving just about anywhere and don't really know what I want to do workwise (and I'm open to suggestions!).  It's going to be very difficult to leave Peru and start over again Stateside.  I know that the Lord can use me anywhere and His work here is not in any way dependent upon me.  
Proverbs 19:21 says, "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails."  I don't feel like I have any plans at this point, but I know as my time in Peru draws to a close, I will have to start making plans for the future.  I pray that it is always the Lord's purpose that prevails in my life.  Please pray with me for wisdom and direction as I return to the States in August.
I am as committed as ever to stay focused on ministry in Peru with all the talk of the future.  Students are signing up to come serve this summer and it's exciting!  My team will have more students this summer than any previous year and I can't wait to see what the Lord does in and through them.  I look forward to seeing the Lord glorified through the students lives and testimonies.
I can't say it enough: THANK YOU!!!  Thank you praying, writing, visiting, encouraging, calling, responding, and just being yourselves. 

No comments: