I hardly know where to begin this blog because so much has happened in the last few weeks. On Wednesday, we finished eight and a half weeks of training. We learned about Church Planting Movements, transition and culture shock, how to start a church and methods of discipleship. It was definitely a time of being stretched and challenged. It was also a time of encouragement as we spend everyday with like-minded people who have become such dear friends.
Last week after our Commissioning last week began the very sad good-byes. The 363 other people that I have spend the last two months with are literally spreading to all corners of the earth, and while it’s very exciting, it’s also sad to know that it will be a long time before I get to hug their necks again. I have said my fair share of good-byes, but it’s almost as if I’d forgotten how hard it can be. Maybe I thought that it would be easier than before because we hadn’t been together very long in the grand scheme of life, but I was wrong! Now that I’ve been home a few days, I still miss my new friends, our awesome conversations, the laughter, Waffle House runs and just being together.
I am very excited about what lies ahead in Guatemala and Peru! I still don’t have a clear picture of exactly what life will look like, but the Lord has given me such a peace about the unknown. I’m excited to rejoin some of my FPO friends as we begin language school in Guatemala. I’m so thankful for the protected time that the South America region is providing to learn Spanish. My focus for the next three months is Spanish and learning to be bilingual. Being able to share the gospel in Spanish is going to be crucial to our ministry in Peru.
In the remaining 9 days that I have at home, I am spending as much time as possible with my family and friends. It is really special to have my brother home from Oklahoma for a few days. As much as I love being home, I’m ready (except for packing!) to get on the plane and head to Guatemala!
If you would like to receive my email updates, please leave me a comment and I’ll add you to the list!
2 comments:
Of course we want to be included in your email updates. you are a special young woman in our hearts and we delight in seeing how God is directing and using your life to bring many more into the Kingdom and impact eternity for Christ.
You better add us!! :o)
Post a Comment