Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

I hope you and your loved ones have a wonderful day celebrating Christ's resurrection! 


In Christ alone my hope is found,
He is my light, my strength, my song;
this Cornerstone, this solid Ground,
firm through the fiercest drought and storm.
What heights of love, what depths of peace,
when fears are stilled, when strivings cease!
My Comforter, my All in All,
here in the love of Christ I stand.

In Christ alone! who took on flesh
Fulness of God in helpless babe!
This gift of love and righteousness
Scorned by the ones he came to save:
Till on that cross as Jesus died,
The wrath of God was satisfied -
For every sin on Him was laid;
Here in the death of Christ I live.

There in the ground His body lay
Light of the world by darkness slain:
Then bursting forth in glorious Day
Up from the grave he rose again!
And as He stands in victory
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me,
For I am His and He is mine -
Bought with the precious blood of Christ.

No guilt in life, no fear in death,
This is the power of Christ in me;
From life's first cry to final breath.
Jesus commands my destiny.
No power of hell, no scheme of man,
Can ever pluck me from His hand;
Till He returns or calls me home,
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Mindy,

My name is Jerry Rufe. My family and I are friends with the Brassarts, of Erin Brassart fame. Erin and her dad used to be students of mine in martial arts, the Brassarts are in our Sunday School class at church, and last summer, we accompanied them on a mission trip to Ukraine to put on a series of soccer camps.

Well, in my Sunday School class, we’ve been talking a lot about taking our faith on the road and walking our talk, so I proposed that the class participate in a mission trip to Peru. I really have no idea why I chose Peru except to say that the Lord had laid it on my heart for a couple of months. When I talked to Jeff, he serendipitously(?) mentioned that you were one of Erin’s good friends. Hence, the e-mail you are receiving now.

If possible, we are thinking that a 7-10 day trip sometime in June or July of 2012 would enable the most people in our class to participate. We are primarily a married couples class, made up of about 90 folks in their 30s, 40s and 50s. And we are talking about having families go, inviting children over 15 to participate. I have no idea yet how many people that will translate into, but I would suspect somewhere between 12 and 20. Our backgrounds and abilities are diverse, with doctors, engineers, teachers, soccer players, singers and musicians … pretty much a hodge-podge of talent. Most all are strong, mature Christians.

So, what do you think? Pretty much, if you tell us what you want done and where you want it, we’ll do our best to accommodate. One word of warning: this will be the first mission trip I’ve ever led so I may ask lots of dumb questions (I think that’s my spiritual gift – making others feel smart). However, many of the folks I anticipate will be going have been on mission trips before.

I look forward to hearing from you and hope that, with the Lord’s leading, this is something we can make happen. Please feel free to contact me at any of the following:

Jerry Rufe
2790 Gaines Road
Huntsville, AL 35803
256-880-1320 Home
256-655-5653 Cell
rufes4him@integrity.com
jrufe@apt-research.com

If you don’t mind, I’d like to give your blog address to the members of the class so they can be praying for your efforts and can become familiar with where we will hopefully be going. Thanks. May God richly bless you.

---Jerry