Sunday, January 30, 2011

Rat 2. Mindy/Amber 0.

My upstairs neighbor and teammates hates spider.  I hate rats.  So we made a deal when I moved in that I would take care of the spiders in her apartment, if she'd take care of the rats in mine.  I'd never had a rat in my apartment.....until tonight.

I was sitting peacefully minding my own business working on email and watching TV when Ricky the Rat (as my father has affectionately named it) ran across my floor.  I jumped up on the couch and screamed, just like they do in the movies, and yelled for Amber.  I thought Ricky ran out the front door instead of in my bedroom, but I wasn't 100% sure.  Amber checked my bedroom and bathroom like a champ and couldn't find Ricky.  All seemed safe.

Maybe 45 minutes later, Ricky ran back in my kitchen and hid under my stove.  I'm sure he was after the popcorn that I made the other night that fell behind the stove and I had been too lazy to clean it up.  Amber came down to my rescue again and chased Ricky behind the refrigerator.  She tried and tried to get him to come out, but it's like he magically disappeared.  We have no idea where he went.

So hours later, here I sit on the couch hoping he would show his little face so we (or Amber) could chase him away.  What would I do without my awesome neighbor?

Maybe tomorrow the score will change.  Something like Rat=Dead.  Amber=Victorious.

No comments: