For the last couple of days, I took cake of this cutie, my "niece" Karis. I love, love, love this little girl. Her parents are my best friends from Richmond, and now we serve on the same team together. Isn't the Lord cool? With the arrival of their second daughter, I got to hang with Karis. Our week was full of repeating her favorite words: shoe, sock, eat and hey. We visited mom, dad and Adalyn in the hospital each day and she took such good naps for me! It was a fun and eye-opening couple of days for me. She has had me wrapped around her little finger since the first time I held her. I see a lot of spoiling in Karis and Adalyn's future from Aunt Mindy! How can I resist these two?
Also this week, Amber and I are taking care of our boss' kids. They are 11 and 14, so it's a little different than with Karis! They can bathe, dress and feed themselves, no diapers to change, they speak in full sentences, etc. They are great kids and we're having a lot of fun with them too. Since Friday was a Peruvian holiday, they were out of school so it's been a nice long weekend. Sorry I don't have any pictures of them to share!
In other news, I leave three weeks from tomorrow for my stateside time! As I talked with my grandparents and aunt tonight, I got so excited. I was already looking forward to it, but somehow it seemed all the more real. On Halloween night, I will be standing in Richmond once again. I'm looking forward to being able to spend quality time with people catching up on life. Some of my time will be spent on the road traveling seeing friends and family, and the rest will be in Richmond. I know I won't be able to see everyone I want too, but funds and time are limited. Regardless, it's going to be a wonderful two months stateside and I can't wait to catch up with many of you in person!

No comments:
Post a Comment