Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Long Time Gone

Well Blog Readers, (if there are any of you out there any more) obviously, Christine and I have been more than delinquent in updating the blog. I'm going to try to bring this thing back to life with much more frequent postings.

Let's see...a quick recap over the past 4 months. I traveled constantly through June, July and August. Many of the trips were with my student teams, 2 trips with my home church and a couple with Strategy Coordinator Churches. It was a wonderful summer. The students did an excellent job in their respective villages and really caught the vision for missions in Peru. It was a privilege to work with them. I'll try to share more stories in the months ahead about some of their work.

Plans for Christmas trips are well underway. All of the student teams are headed to the jungle to work with the Nelsons. I will be observing, and maybe helping with 1 of the team trainings, but won't be able to travel with any of the teams because, I'm going on VACATION!

That's right, my baby brother is getting married just before Christmas and the Lord has provided a way for me to go! I'm so excited that my entire family is coming together for the celebration. I can't wait to see them all. Hugs all around! I'm also taking almost 2 more weeks at home in Virginia to spend more time with family and friends.

Friends, if you are in the Richmond area in late December, let me know and maybe we can get together for coffee!

No comments: